PortalPortal  HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

complete guide to craft gears using Arcane transmutor

Go down 
AuthorMessage
blakluster
Guild Master

Male Number of posts : 45
Shikai Release Command : shine with ferocious rage , devour everything bakusaiga
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: complete guide to craft gears using Arcane transmutor   2/8/2009, 10:32 pm

took it from main forums

Rule 1: Stat placement

Requires 3 power stones of the same stats.
Requires 3 pieces of equipment of the same with different desirable stats.
Requires 3-4 Arcane Transmutor charges (if inserting into a piece of equipment or not)

Note: use only equipment with one stat on them, not including inserted runes or refinement bonuses)

Place 1 power stone and one piece of equipment into transmutor. It destroys the equipment, makes a mana stone of that item's tier. Repeat this step with the other two power stones and pieces of equipment.

Place all three mana stones into the transmutor, and a piece of equipment which one wants to have the traits of all 6 given effects that are spread across those three mana stones. NOTE: This equipment must be blank for it to retain all 6 stats!

Mechanics of this Rule:

Mana stones choose the lowest tier stat when placing them on equipment. As such, using two power stones with even one stat difference will guarantee that the equipment resulting from the mixing of those stones will have those four stats.

Example:
Power Stone A
Life I
Power I
Strength I

Power Stone B
Life I
Power I
Intelligence I

Power Stone C
Life I
Dexterity I
Wisdom I

Mixing these three power stones in any way will result in something with the following stats:

Life I
Dexterity I
Wisdom I
Power I
Strength I
[lowest tier user-inserted stat]

There is no matter as to how one puts these mana stones into the transmutor. There is also no importance to which pieces of equipment are destroyed in the process. If the three power stones one was using had (combined) those 5 different tier one stats, the end product will have it, guaranteed.

Rule 2: Increasing Mana Stone Tier

Requires 3 mana stones of the same tier.
Requires 1 charge of the Arcane Transmutor.

This rule allows one to take three mana stones, and create one that is one tier higher. This single mana stone will not be able to do anything of importance without two other mana stones, and it will retain up to 6 of the stats of the mana stones used in the transmutation.

Mechanics of this rule:

See the machanics for the previous rule for a good example. To get a mana stone a tier higher and with only 4 stats, it will require the following:
-3 power stones with the same stats.
-2 pieces of blank equipment.
-1 piece of equipment with one desirable stat on it.
-4 Arcane transmutor charges per tier 4 mana stone.

If created with more than four stats, it is likely that it will not retain all user-inserted stats when placed on equipment, unless one of the other tier four mana stones has fewer than 4 different stats on it.

NOTE: You will still need 3 mana stones of the same tier to do anything with a tier 4 mana stone.

Rule 3: The effects of increasing equipment tier

Requires 3 mana stones of the same tier.
Requires one piece of equipment that is at least one tier less than the equipment.

The effect that increasing a piece of equipment's tier is that it gets a bonus per tier difference. This bonus is +10% to the item's base stats, such as physical damage, physical defense, or magic defense.

For example, increasing a tier 1 item (level 1-19) to tier 3 using tier 3 mana stones would cause the weapon or armor to get a +20% boost to its base stats due to the two-tier difference. If it gave 100 defense before, it's now giving 120. If it gave 200 physical damage before, it's now giving 240.

Mechanics of this rule:

Even though I feel I've been pretty clear, it gives 10% to the equipment's base stats for each tier inbetween the tier one is attempting to reach with the mana stones and the actual tier of the equipment. Thus, tier 1 to tier 3 = 20% more stats. Tier 1 to tier 10 = 90% more stats. And so on.

One point of note I may not have focused upon is that this goes down to the tenth's digit. If the equipment has 121 base defense, and it increased from tier 2 to tier 3, it becomes 132.1 defense. I have no idea as to why.

Additional Information:

These are the following methods to gaining a tier 4 mana stone, along with some additional information which may prove helpful in the creation of higher-tier mana stones (Credit given to RacthohOfAnthor):
1) Level 50 epic items will make T4 stones.
2) The combining of 3 tier 3 mana stones.

Other information:
-Green items are considered level +2.
-Blue items level +5.
-Epic (pinkish) items level +10 at least.
-Dark purple items (Bierdine cap) are at least +40. (Possibly +50, it would make a more linear equation compared to the prior item levels)

For example, a level 35 blue item is considered to be level 40 when turning it into a mana stone. A level 38 green item is considered to be level 40 as well.

Item brackets:
1-19: Tier 1 item
20-39: Tier 2 item
40-59: Tier 3 item

These item brackets are generally the decider to an item's base tier. For example, almost every item levels 20 to 39 are considered tier 2 when being transmuted.

For purposes of breaking down an item into a mana stone, it is best to consider the item level to deciding the tier of the mana stone one will receive for its destruction.

Current bugs/glitches with the Arcane Transmutor when related to equipment alteration:

"Cusp" items are granting extra tiers:

If the item level is 20, 40, or 60, it will gain one additional tier more than what the mana stones are supposed to give it. This currently applies to the following:
-Level 20/40 white equipment
-Level 18/38 green equipment
-Level 15/35 blue equipment
-Level 10/30/50 epic equipment

If the item level are any of what is mentioned above, mana stones will have an additional effect. This additional effect is that the item will increase one extra tier above the mana stones used in the transmutation. If one uses tier 3 mana stones, the item becomes tier 4 (regardless of current tier. If one uses tier 8 mana stones, the item becomes tier 9. The benefits are correctly applied as if the item is tier 9, as well.

Breaking down synthetically-increased items reduces mana stone viability:

Equipment with a synthetically increased tier does not produce mana stones of that given tier. For example, If I made a tier 4 weapon, then tried to turn it into a mana stone, it returns a tier 2 mana stone. There is a guideline in the AT's help-box which says that mana stones are created based on the equipment's tier, but synthetically increased equipment seem to break it.

My best hypothesis is that destroying a synthetically upgraded tier item will result in a mana stone at 50% of the synthetic tier. For example:
-Creating a tier 4 item, then turning it into a mana stone will make a tier 2 mana stone (regardless of what the weapon was prior to being transmuted).
-Creating a tier 6 item, then destroying it with a power stone will make a tier 3 mana stone.

An so on. The importance to this is that it becomes impossible to "hold onto" high-tier mana stones after one puts them into equipment. I have no idea if it's rounded up or down, since I'm working with mostly tier 3 items.

Calculations:

To create one tier 10 item (maximum possible) currently:
Requires 6561 power stones (~13,122,000 gold)
Requires 6561 pieces of tier 3 equipment (~10,497,600 gold)
Requires 9841 Arcane Transmutor charges (19,700 diamonds or 2,953 days of dailies)

To create one tier 8 item currently:
Requires 729 power stones (~1,458,000 gold)
Requires 729 pieces of tier 3 equipment (~1,166,400 gold)
Requires 1093 Arcane Transmutor charges (2200 diamonds or ~328 days of dailies)

Note: This adds 50% onto base stats of the tier three item, so it should only be used on items with significant effect. This includes, by priority:
-Two-handed weapons
-Upper Armor
-Shields
-One-handed weapons

To create one tier 6 item currently:
Requires 81 power stones (162,000 gold)
Requires 81 pieces of tier 3 equipment (~129,600 gold)
Requires 121 Arcane Transmutor charges (260 diamonds or ~37 days of dailies)

Note: This adds 30% onto base stats of the tier three item, so it should only be used on items with significant effect. This includes, by priority:
-Two-handed weapons
-Upper Armor
-Shields
-One-handed weapons

To create one tier 4 item currently:
Requires 9 power stones (18,000 gold)
Requires 9 pieces of tier 3 equipment (~14,400 gold)
Requires 13 Arcane Transmutor charges (40 diamonds or ~4 days of dailies)

Note: This adds 10% onto base stats of the tier three item. It is cost effective, but it is not significant. As such, it should be used as 9 pre-set power stones (to maximize green stats), then used on a weapon or chest armor (to maximize the 10% benefit).

This is suggesting you don't care about the green stats and are creating higher tier equipment solely for the bonus to base stats from the tier difference.

As such, the amount of gold required for the power stones would be exponentially increased if one decided to care about the three stats being the same. To be exact, it would increase the checked price of power stones to be at least 18 times more than shown

in order for a warrior to success it must remove every human emotion.to surpass what is beyond human reach, to walk the path of the world conquest , to fullfill my fate
Back to top Go down
View user profile

complete guide to craft gears using Arcane transmutor
Page 1 of 1